-T-shirt transfer paper for light materials
-8 x 8 canvas
-Double sided tape/glue
1. Firstly I printed my bird cage design to the transfer paper. I did a test run on a plain piece of paper first to make sure that I had got the design to the right size for my fabric. If using wording you must make sure that you ‘flip’ the image so that when it transfers the words appear the right way around.
2. I cut my fabric down to size using a decorative blade on my guillotine. I wanted it to be approximately 2/3cms smaller than the canvas along every edge.
3. I cut out the birdcage and laid it face down at the centre of my fabric. I then ironed it on as per the transfer paper instructions.
4. Next I used a combination of double sided tape and glue to attach the fabric in to the centre of my newly painted blue canvas.
5. Finally I attached a wooden button to each corner in order to finish it off.
I struggled attaching my chandelier design and the fabric seemed to go a little bumpy. I am definitely going to work on developing these in to something nice. I am selling some crafts at a ladies breakfast tomorrow and will take them along and get a bit of feedback on them.
(Or you could do it the proper way with Stuart Morris!!)